Wednesday, August 25, 2010

You Aren't Listening, Written April 26, 2010

You Aren't Listening

Hidden as always,
Keep yourself closed off,
At a safe viewing distance,
Barricaded in
Blocked off from all else;
Or just me.

The one you don't want to see
The one you can't see
Or choose not to.
Whichever.

What if,
You take me for what I am
And take what I am trying to show you,
Trying to give you.
Refuse me.
Like you have, and will.
Even if i was within reach
Would you accept me..
Catch me as I'm falling..
You wouldn't before.

You think you know what I need.
What it takes to get me by.
So keep on taking it away from me
Claim that you've nothing more to offer.

You may take things for what they are
As I act foolishly
In the only way I know how.
But I will continue to wear my heart on my sleeve
For all to see,
Especially you.
I wear it for you.

I cannot make you feel
As you have shown me countless times.
You're impossible to reach,
Perched upon your mature feelings.
Your need to handle this with control.

I am reckless
I am immature
And I will flounder on the ground
Until you open up and feel.
Lose yourself in what we have.

I will not pester you
Drown you in my wishes,
What I wish could be,
What I know could be.

If I could travel through time,
Travel through space,
I hope you know where I'd be.
I know you do.

Watch me destroy everyone else for you.
I know I will.
Regardless of my intentions.

No comments:

Post a Comment